Feeling overwhelmed by an upcoming move in the Los Angeles area? There’s no need to stress when you put everything into perspective and follow the tips in this moving day cheat sheet from the pros at 5 Star Truck Rental.
Moving Day Checklist
- Book a moving truck ahead of time, preferably a lift gate truck rental so there’s less heavy lifting to do.
- Recruit friends and family, and ask them to save the date.
- Rent moving equipment such as furniture pads, a dolly or hand truck to simplify the process.
- Buy, rent, or borrow a couple wardrobe moving boxes so you don’t have to waste time folding and then re-hanging all your clothes.
- Make sure you’ve done a complete walk-through of your new place with the landlord, Realtor, or contractor before you start moving any of your things in.
- If you’re painting or tackling any other home improvements, try to have them done before you arrive.
- Send the kids and pets to a sitter on moving day so they aren’t underfoot.
- Pack everything into boxes based on which room they’ll be going in at your new home.
- Get the Sharpie out and label, label, label (include contents, room, and note if fragile).
- Arrange for utilities and services to be hooked up at the new place before you arrive, and be sure to take final readings right before you leave your old place so you don’t get dinged with extra service charges.
- Make sure you have an overnight bag with basic essentials to get you through the first day and night, just in case there are any delays in the unpacking process. Keep it in the cab of the moving truck rental with you so it doesn’t get misplaced.
Whether you’re moving down the street, across town, or across the state, moving equipment and a moving truck rental from 5 Star Truck Rental will reduce the stress in your move. Reserve a truck online today, or contact us at (818) 767-8816 to request a quote. Don’t forget to check out our specials before you book.