If a move is in your near future, you may want to consider these safety tips from 5 Star Truck Rental to ensure that you and your helpers don’t incur any unnecessary injuries.
Six Tips To Avoid Moving Injuries
- Start with safe lifting techniques, since most moving injuries are related to lifting and turning. Bend at the knees rather than bending over with your back and wrenching it, hold heavy objects close to your body, and turn with your feet, not your hips.
- Be weight conscious, and pack reasonably. Keep the weight of individual boxes and containers to a maximum of 50 lbs to avoid undue stress.
- Ensure that hallways and pathways are unobstructed. Trip and fall accidents are completely avoidable during the moving process.
- Use an appliance dolly to move the heavy appliances from the house to the truck, rather than trying to get several people to maneuver them. Experienced professionals use moving equipment to ease their burden, so why shouldn’t you?
- Use a hand truck for smaller items like stacks of boxes, large sacks, and bags. This will save on the number of trips and reduce the strain on your back.
- Rent a moving truck that is equipped with a lift-gate. You simply place the items on the gate at ground level, and with the push of a button, the gate slides up to the truck bed. No heavy lifting for you!
Whether you’re planning a residential or commercial move or you’re moving items for an event or production, following these safety precautions can help things run much more smoothly. For moving truck rentals and equipment rentals, contact 5 Star today at (818) 697-5675 to request a quote. We’ve been serving the San Fernando Valley, including Van Nuys, Burbank, and the surrounding areas since 2000, and we take great pride in offering top-notch customer service, great specials, and a well-maintained fleet of trucks and passenger vans.